Monday, May 27, 2019

Still plugging along.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

 Before I begin, I want to make sure that I send a heartfelt message about the meaning behind today.
 Today we remember those who lost their lives for our country.


 I know I am way behind, but I am trying to catch up before the next mystery! This year has been a busy one and this summer will be even busier! But I am not giving up! So here is where I am at with my On Ringo Lake quilt.
Clue number 8! Then I am off to begin this years mystery “Good Fortune”! I just love Bonnie Hunters patterns and she is so good when it comes to teaching me how to sew these beautiful patterns! I was fortunate enough to take one class with her a few years ago after i first began to quilt. She has helped me with my fear of colors and my OCD of having to ‘match” everything! It’s a beautiful day out there today, as I sit here drinking my coffee and wondering if I will ever get back to my cross stitching. sigh...
This is a Kooler classic chart titled “Bless This Home Bell Pull”.



It seems that the only time I get to sit and cross stitch is when I am on vacation and not home.
Does anyone else have that problem? I can go down into my sewing room and take some time to sew, no problem. But to actually sit and cross stitch? Nope, for some strange reason I have a hard time bringing it out and sitting in my comfy rocker and just cross stitch. Which is funny since that is where I sit to hand quilt. Go figure. But this is the progress I have made since I last stitched on it. Who knows, maybe once I finish quilting my “Grand Illusion” I will bring it out and get busy on it. However, for today, I need to finish clue number 8 on my “Ringo Lake” quilt...and sew I stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment