Sunday, January 5, 2020

To frog or not to frog...

So while I have been flying back and forth home to Vermont from our new home in Florida, I was working on my cross stitching (another one of my stitching fav’s). I was hoping to get this banner done by the end of 2019, but I ran out of my DMC thread. I happened to find some in Vermont and brought it back here with me, along with my fabric for the Bonnie Hunter Frolic quilt mystery. However, before I start on my mystery quilt, I’d like to finish stitching on my ”Bless this house” banner.





So I sat myself down at the pool, all lathered up in sunscreen, my big floppy sun hat and my stitching, only to count, recount and triple count as I realized I have an error. Its not like anyone but me will see it, but after I had just frogged the left side of my project from the bottom of the pot to the place where the name and date go because I used 2 and not 3 strands of thread, I think I am just going to leave it.





Can you see it?? No? Good!!! Then it stays...
I am close to being done, and then I will begin my next one which is a Christmas banner for 2020!!
Sew having accepted the fact that not everything I sew is perfect, I shall continue on my merry way...stitching my heart out, by hand or machine it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I continue. And, sew, I stitch!

Just a quick last minute note. Christmas 2019, I made this Georgia Bulldog quilt for my son in law... the second picture with him cuddled up underneath just warms my heart. Its the reason I quilt!









Happy New Year everyone! Stitch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment