Sunday, September 27, 2020

Back at it!

HI folks!

Well, it has been a while, I know. This whole Corona Virus (Covid -19) has the whole world in a spin! As we try to stay safe, stay home, and survive, lots has happened in my world. 

We came home to Vermont earlier than planned in mid March just to get back to where our physicians are...just in case. We settled in and I finished hand quilting my Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion quilt! I must say, it gave me such and immense sense of accomplishment finishing this quilt and now I am planning on hand quilting another one.

Here is my version of The Grand Illusion! 


I did the Baptist Fan pattern on it, and I believe I will do the same pattern on the one below. It is another Bonnie Hunter mystery pattern, En Provence, and I just love the colors! Unfortunately I am in between homes and will be taking this beauty with me to stitch.

Being left handed, I have thought about doing a few videos showing how I quilt by hand as most of the videos out there are for right handed folks...what do you think?

And finally, (I want to not be so long winded here)... I did it! I ordered myself a beautiful hand quilting hoop and floor stand! Yes, a Harry Barnett handmade laptop hoop and floor stand along with the bean bag for my lap!  How could this happen you ask? Well, those who know me, know I dont spend money on me frivolously, but I saw this photo on one of the Facebook Groups I follow (Celebrate Hand Quilting), and thought to myself, why not? I have been drooling over one of these for years, and ...well...why not? Dont I deserve this? Yes! So I did it!  Even better, I actually put this in my cart yesterday, and then this morning an email popped up reminding me that I had it in my cart! So...I did what the email said, to do if I had any questions, and I called Harry! And Harry himself answered!! I must say that I was pleasantly pleased! A human!! And the guy who makes them himself, answering questions and helping me make a choice on the size hoop along with explaining his choice for me and the size hoop I should use. So, I ordered it. And now for the waiting on its arrival. The website, and Harry explained that there is a longer delay in the receiving of the hoops but after I saw the end result, the wait I believe,  is going to be worth it!

Here is a picture from the website of what I ordered. However, I decided to do my stain in the dark walnut color, but in essence, this is what I bought. 

So, until it arrives, perhaps I will put my quilt in my hoop and let you follow me as I quilt left handed. Who knows, maybe it might help someone else out there ‘hand direction”challenged!

Take care, stay safe, and sew...I’ll stitch!


No comments:

Post a Comment